A roof without damages is a pledge to protect the house from bad weather, however, no matter how well the roofing works are done, sooner or later the roof will require repair.It is not necessary to postpone the repair of the roof of a private house for a long time, because the more damaged the structure, the more resources and resources it will have to spend to restore it.
Beginning of roof repair
Before making repairs by yourself, you need to assess the condition of the roof. First you essential to inspect the roof from inside:
- Checking the condition of the rafters.
- After the inspection, a decision is made on the need for repair of the roofing system and the type of repair of the roofing, which can be as follows.
- Emergency repair – is the local restoration of the most damaged areas, which is carried out both in the places of the most likely leaks, and in places already existing.
- Current repair – a planned partial restoration of the roofing covering, the area of damaged areas is about 10-40%.
- Major overhaul – dismantling and replacement with new coating of significant areas (more than 40%) of the roof covering or the entire roof.
Repair of truss system
Overhaul of the truss system of a renovated private house is necessary only in the case of a large, more than 50% in area, damage to rot. Most often, replace damaged areas.With a single lesion of the rafter, wooden lining is used. For this extremely perfect work you would need the roof restoration companies Melbourne.
The process takes place in several stages:
- If the rafters broke, a board is laid on the floor of the attic and a jack is placed on it, with which the fractured part is leveled
- On both sides to the rafters apply lining thicknesses of 3.2 to 4 cm and a length of at least 80-100 cm, they must rest on the Mauerlat with the whole end
- Lining nails to the rafters with long nails
- Make four holes with a diameter of 16 mm on each side
- In the holes, attach and tighten the mounting bolts.
Strengthening with wooden overlays
In case of mass lesion, rod prostheses are used. The replacement of the rotted parts of the rafter leg consists of the following steps:
- On the damaged area, the roof and the crate are dismantled
- Establish racks for the temporary fastening of the rafter
- Saw out the rotted part of the structure
- On the rafter, put the prosthesis and lay it on the Mauerlat
- The peeled end is resting against the support platform to prevent it from sliding down
After checking the reliability of the construction, the temporary stands are dismantled.
Strengthening with bar prostheses
After the restoration of the rafters, the damaged parts of the Mauerlate are replaced in a similar way. For the time of replacement, the end of the adjacent rafter is held by a jack. After that, the damaged parts of the crate are replaced.